Sunday, July 11, 2010

Anniversaries of the Heart--so far

I am really enjoying working on the Anniversaries of the Heart designs, figuring out how I can personalize the family members represented in each block. On the Snow Garden piece, I omitted stitches in the flowers in the bird's beak to look more like shamrocks.
In the Valentine Rose block, I changed the design on the door to look more like the number five, to represent our house number. The first letter of my dad's name is stitched on the heart above the house.
I did A Wish for You to honor my husband. The Irish flag and verse, the year that we met, and his childhood nickname are all on the block.
You can read more about the personalizations and see more pics on my blog, Notes from Blue Hen Hollow.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful finishes....love the personalizations!

Kristal said...

These are beautiful! I'm off to check out your other blog!

~♥~
Kristal

Annie said...

Those are so lovely. I really like how you added your personal details to make them more meaningful.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

This is so beautiful! I love the personalizations.
There are so many I want to stitch and I was almost tempted to order this one this weekend.

Jennifer

diamondc said...

Very beautiful.
Catherine

Ana Mary said...

Esta personalización está fantásticaaaaa. Felicitaciones por tan bonito trabajo

bili said...

Красиво!